Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in California, Illinois, Kentucky, and Indiana. We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Senior Accountant position in our Modesto, California office.
The Senior Accountant is an advanced level in a non-management professional position. The appropriate candidate will be responsible for a variety of general accounting, tax and auditing assignments for the purpose of staff development as well as personal career enrichment with client contact.
- Prepare comprehensive financial statements, balance sheets, income and expense reports, cash flow analysis, notes, schedules, management letters and or tax returns.
- Complete moderately complex tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts, and estates independently and with minimal direction.
- Coordinate, facilitate and assume “in-charge” responsibilities on audit engagements and review staff work.
- Facilitate and coordinate assignments for monthly controllership functions which may encompass AP, AR, payroll, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparations and monthly reporting as needed by the client or partner.
- Research issues and respond to client and staff questions in a simple, understandable fashion.
- Manage multiple client requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3 -5 years of public accounting experience in both audit and tax. CPA designation required.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients & staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Contribute to skill building among interns and newer staff.
- Take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
- Display analytical skills with an orientation to focus on details and accuracy.
How To Apply
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.