Staff Accountant II
Kemper CPA Group LLP, a top 100 public accounting firm, is a regional CPA firm with 28 offices in California, Illinois, Indiana, and Kentucky. We are looking for an aspiring CPA with 2+ years of experience in accounting, taxation, and auditing to be part of a great team.
The Staff Accountant II will perform most tasks with a minimum of supervision. He or she directs Staff Accountant I’s, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews the work done, and directs necessary revisions. Such an individual is able to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters. If such problems arise, the Staff Accountant II outlines them for his or her Senior Accountant, Manager, or Partner and then acts on that individual’s advice. A CPA license is preferred.
- Demonstrate an ability to use common sense in solving problems and in client relations.
- Prepare simple and moderate tax returns and suggest client tax planning ideas.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment within tax and/or audit engagements.
- Execute routine journal entries and prepare simple financial statements utilizing the provided format.
- Complete basic procedures for general accounting functions such as: bank reconciliations, accrual computations, statistical and account analysis, inventory observations and depreciation schedule updates.
- Follow basic audit work paper techniques and spreadsheets, follow-up with clients on explanations of discrepancies and assist in preparing final report.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and be eligible to sit for the CPA exam or already have obtained CPA license.
- Possess technology skills which contribute to the completion of assignments.
- Display the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ownership of work assigned and take the initiative to complete the work assigned.
- Work under time constraints.
How To Apply
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The successful candidate must be authorized to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the United States. Kemper CPA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.